Ant and Dec set to sign £30 MILLION deal to stay as hosts of BGT and I'm A Celebrity

Ant and Dec

Ant and Dec are set to sign a new three year deal with ITV worth a cool £30 million.

The pair have confirmed an official announcement is "close" but they've not put pen to paper just yet.

The updated deal would see the Geordie duo stick as hosts of I'm A Celebrity, Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain's Got Talent, as well as various other shows throughout the year.

Ant and Dec's current contract expires at the end of 2016 following the upcoming series of I'm A Celeb which begins in November.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Ant and Dec said they hoped to have sorted out of the legal stuff by the time they fly out to Australia next month.

“Let’s be honest it is close. We have had people come and discuss stuff with us but we love ITV and all the programmes we make there and they want us to stay. Before we go to Oz we want to sort it out yeah," Ant told the tabloid.

Dec added: “We are not on the dotted line yet but we want to stay and they want us to stay. It is just ironing out all the bits and bobs.

“It will have to be signed before we go to Oz because then we will be at the end of the year and we are fairly close.”

Earlier this year the duo suggested they may leave the channel in order to pursue other projects.

Dec told The Sun newspaper back in March: "We could do something in the West End. We are throwing around ideas. These days it is not just ITV, BBC, Netflix, Amazon, it is all kinds of things. We love doing things live.

“We are also looking to do a comedy next year. It is something we have been discussing for years. There is stuff down on paper now.”

Get the latest Britain's Got Talent news

Get news on... (check as many as you want!)
Subscribe on YouTube