Footballer Michael Owen is set for the I’m A Celebrity jungle after turning down Strictly Come Dancing.
The former England player was linked to both reality shows earlier this year.
Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday at the weekend, the footie star revealed he turned down a spot on the Strictly Come Dancing 2013 line up, which starts next month on BBC One.
“I’ve just been asked to do this year’s I’m A Celebrity. I got offered to do Strictly before but turned it down,” he told the newspaper.
Owen revealed: “If I was ever going to do one it would be the jungle but I would need to be offered a few quid to do it, that’s for sure.”
And he told the tabloid that if he were to enter the jungle when the new series begins later this year, viewers should expect fireworks.
“I would be arguing after two minutes,” he explained. “People think I’m a saint so they would be in for a shock.
“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a lunatic, but I don’t think I would be able to contain my frustration.
“You have to keep a level of professionalism when you’re in the public eye but it would be hard in the jungle.”
Other names already linked to the line up this year include X Factor star and Celebrity Big Brother housemate Rylan Clark, TOWIE’s Joey Essex and James ‘Arg’ Argent, former Apprentice winner Stella English, as well as footie’s Paul Gascoigne.