Natalie fractured her foot in training for the series, which launches this Saturday night on BBC One.
Bosses have brought Aliona back on to the show after originally axing her earlier this year.
"Not being able to compete with a celebrity partner is so hard," Natalie told The Sun newspaper today. “But this series is going to blow everyone away and I cannot wait to get my feet back on the dance floor.”
A spokesperson for the BBC said that Natalie would return to the series as soon as she was well, stating: “She shall very much remain part of the Strictly family and we will welcome her back into the dance troupe as soon as she is fit to do so.”
Aliona said: “My heart goes out to Natalie. I wish her a speedy recovery.”
It's a big U-turn after Aliona hit out at show bosses earlier this year after she was cut from the pro line up.
"It was not my decision to leave, I have only just been told by bosses that I was not coming back - they didn’t give me a reason and I was too upset to ask why. I was just told that I was out and that was that," she said at the time.
An insider added to the Daily Mirror earlier this year: "Aliona had definitely fallen out of favour with some of the show’s execs - they quietly made a decision they didn’t want her back
Strictly Come Dancing 2013 starts on Saturday on BBC One.